Sunday, February 14, 2010

Don't STOP Believin'

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have had a rather relaxing weekend that was spent doing a lot of reading and writing for school. I'm in a college program for Office Administration Medical and Legal and there is a lot to do but I cannot say that it is all that hard... yet. I do have an accounting test on Wednesday and that sparks a little fear within me, but I plan on being very ready because I get all of tomorrow off to study because of Family Day!

We spent Friday night watching the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics, and I have to say that I did enjoy them! In addition to that the events have been on in the background a lot while I've been working, that and Friends season four for white noise. Saturday evening I made something new for dinner, a Chicken and Broccoli Orange Stir-Fry...here is it before I added in the orange sauce. 


























It was very yummy, we also added Soba noodles as a base. Here is some information about Soba Noodles. I got the recipe from the Clean Eating Magazine for March/April 2010, I don't think the recipe is actually on the website, but buying the magazine is always worth it. 

For Valentine's Day the family got together and had a nice dinner, my parents and grandparents got some fancy meal and my boyfriend and I opted for a pizza from the restaurant Atomica that had a thin crust, pesto, goat cheese and spinach. It was sooo yummy!! 

I am looking forward to a longer run tomorrow morning, with the extra day off I am going to take full advantage of the free time to run and study. I might even take some time to read The Blind Side by Michael Lewis, it is such a good book with lots of great information about football...not to mention a great story about Michael Oher.

Now to move on to more exciting things that involve someone writing on a STOP sign....

Look at what I found written on a stop sign last fall!! I giggled and pulled out my phone to get a picture! 


























Whenever I see this picture it makes me think of all things motivational. I wanted to share some of my favourite quotes with you!

“What we do in life echoes in eternity.” - from the movie Gladiator

“It’s not about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” - Rocky Balboa

"You'll have to walk faster than that. You're gonna have to turn into freakin' Flo Jo to get away from me." - Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing the things people say we cannot do." - Walter Bagehot

Question:
Does anyone have a favourite quote that makes them smile? I have used the Walter Bagehot as a signature in e-mails it really speaks to me!

Happy Running!

0 comments:

Post a Comment