Saturday, April 17, 2010

One Sweet Love

This morning I was looking through all the recipes that I have saved and I came across the Oh Canada Sweet Potato Stack from Zesty Cook. Since I am a proud Canadian I thought I would have some sweet potato yumminess with my lunch today! 

An Oh Canada Sweet Potato Stack - by Zesty Cook

- 2 large sweet potatoes (I could only find 1 so that was good enough for little ol' me!)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (I used 1.5 tsp because that is what I normally use for sweet potato fries)
- Salt and Pepper 

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sweet with parchment paper 
2. Toss sweet potatoes in olive oil
3. Add salt and pepper (how much is really up to you)
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, then turn the potatoes over and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Move the sweet potatoes to the top rack and turn down heat to 250 and let the sweet potatoes dry a little bit   and become even crispier.
6. Enjoy! 

Yummy!!

Here is how my Sweet Potato Stack making experience went...


Here is the yummy sweet potato after I cut it up.


After I added the olive oil and salt and pepper.


Ready for baking now.


In the middle when I took them out to flip them.


Out of the oven and ready to eat! I was sooo excited to eat these that I couldn't find the patience to stack them.Now I am enjoying a delicious lunch of the yummy sweet potato (un)stacks and butternut squash soup, yummy!! 

I am getting so close to being done my first semester of this college program, and I am very excited. Of course I go right back to school for second semester on May 3. I must say I am enjoying this down time I have between having all my in class work done and doing the final tests. YAY! My writing teacher actually told us not to come to class anymore, SO that means I get to stay home Monday morning and watch the Boston Marathon!

Other than school I have been enjoying the weather this week and have started running outside more than running on the treadmill, of course those mornings when it is 5:30am and it is pitch black and raining I am thankful I do have the treadmill.

I am off to read and relax and do some Whittle My Middle II and push-ups. I hope you all have an amazing weekend and maybe you will have some yummy sweet potatoes!

Happy Running!

0 comments:

Post a Comment